Quaker Steak & Lube (http://thelube.com) is promoting its “Bangin’ Drums 4 Music Education!” July 29-September 30. We encourage all of our supporters to share this promotion with their friends. Even if you are not located near a Quaker Steak & Lube, you are welcome to create a video of yourself lip-synching along to Bang The Drum All Day–submission details here.
Our goal is for SOHF supporters to join the fun by organizing meet-ups and get-togethers at a restaurant in your area, perhaps helping to promote a local music education program.
Please click here for a map of Quaker Steak & Lube restaurants in 14 states.
Some Quaker Steaks are franchises and some are corporate-owned. Before making the initial contact with a particular restaurant, please send us an email at email@example.com so we can make initial contact and make a proper introduction to the appropriate person!
Discuss your ideas with SOHF Staff, who will help refine, including information for the local program you would like help promote.
- Contact the restaurant, using the information we provide.
- Let them know that you’d like to set up a good day/time in that July 29-September 30 window to have a meet-up to support Music Education.
- Do you want to have a local youth band perform? Or have a children’s music education program set up an information table?
- NOTE: We strongly encourage any Spirit of Harmony event have a strong Music Education Advocacy component, and featuring a local program is a great way to bring that message home, loud and clear.
- Prizes, contests (Bangin’ Drum eating contest??), Karaoke, other ideas to draw friends and supporters in to the restaurant for the meet-up.
- Invite your friends.
- Set up a FaceBook event and SOHF will help publicize it through our network.
- Have a successful event! Take photos and selfies!
SOHF will send each “meet-up coordinator” four Mini-Fool guitar replicas (10-inches) to use as you like for prizes or gifts.